ITK an Intro

Hello Folks,
It been long time here and I hope everyone is great on your own way.. :)

Recently I started writing ITK scripts (baby scripts) and kind of enjoying it..

So before we start that, let me share what I know/learnt..

Using ITK we can write an
 1. Executables (exe) which can run standalone like batch/cron jobs,
 2. Library (dll (windows)/so (unix)) which can be used to write action, rule handlers.

NOTE:
You can use Visual Studio to write the ITK programs, I tried configuring them as per the Siemens (http://support.industrysoftware.automation.siemens.com/docs/teamcenter/9.1/help/index.html#uid:index_itk:id921903:itkusingfunctions:id733668:id1244802) document., but couldn't succeed.. :)

Don't know where I'm going wrong.. Anyways you can do it.. Since I don't have enough patience, I just went with notepad++..
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EXE:
As of now, I have written only an exe and here are the steps to I used to compile and build them,
  • Should write the code first :)
  • Then open cmd and set TC env, i.e, TC_ROOT and TC_DATA
  • In cmd, go to TC_ROOT->sample folder
  • To compile your program, use the below syntax..
    • > compile -DIPLIB=none filename.c
    • eg: 
      • > compile -DIPLIB=none manipulator.c
  • To build as an executable exe, here is the syntax
    • > linkitk -o exeName filename.obj
    • eg:
      • > linkitk -o manipulator manipulator.obj
Then run them.. :) easy..
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

RAC Customization - Useful Static Methods - Part II

RAC Customization - Usefull Static Methods - Part I

ITK Debug Configuration - Visual Studio